Why Do Our Bodies Need Omega-3 Fatty Acids
You hear about it all the time, Omega-3 this–Omega3-that, but Why Do Our Bodies Need Omega-3 Fatty Acids? Well, today, we are going to talk to you about a good health decision—taking fish oil daily, for your health and well being.
Around eight percent of supplement buyers are taking a fish oil supplement. And that is wonderful news for Baby Boomers because fish oil is high in omega-3 essential fatty acids, or AKA…EFAs.
Researcher know that there are many benefits from heart and brain function to strong joints and healthy vision, that come along with the omega-3 acids.
Why Do Our Bodies Need MEGA-3 ACIDS
Quite simply, our bodies do not produce omega-3s, even though they are deemed quite “essential.” So, it is essential to obtain them through our diet.
Omega-3s are critical for three main reasons.
- They balance the inflammatory response in our bodies. and this action goes even further than the benifits we recieve from them for our brain, heart,joints, skin and even out eyes.
- They strengthen cell membranes, making stronger cell integrity and optimum communication between cells. Your brain cells will be happy about that!
- They play an important role in normal blood clotting and the health of our artery walls, which promotes healthy cholesterol, blood pressure, and for those of you will high cholesterol…they can put a positive impact on your triglyceride levels.
So, you see, taking fish oil sounds are a great idea…
Fish oil certainly provides omega-3s, But for some, it comes with a few hinges.
- First, fish oil provides omega-3s in the form of triglycerides, but this form is not the form that makes up our cell membranes. So, baby Boomers, our body has to work harder to actually use the omega-3s from fish oil. That means that you are probably getting less of the omega-3s you are taking from fish oil.
- Another problem with taking this triglyceride form of omega-3s, is that it does not mix well with the contents of your stomach. So, some of you might have trouble digesting fish oil. In fact, some of you might have some fishy burps for hours after taking it.
- And do not forget about the concern of mercury and other toxins in fish oil. Though many fish oil supplement manufacturers purify their products, the larger fish from polluted waters have a greater potential for toxins, so steer clear of those products (remember the oil spills!)
But, do not worry…the great news, Baby Boomers: There’s a better way to get these powerfully healthy omega-3 fatty acids and safeguard your heart, eyes, brain, joints, immune system, reproductive and nervous system, and your entire Baby Boomer body.
The essential oils and fatty acids in the Omega family are crucial to a variety of biological functions and contribute to an overall sense of well-being.
So, the answer to: Why Do Our Bodies Need Omega-3 Fatty Acids, is because your body does not create essential fatty acids naturally, therefore it is necessary to ingest them regularly. Normally, the only way to take advantage of these vital nutrients is to seek out a variety of foods containing only a small amount of essential fatty acids while loading your body with unwanted calories. But, that is not so…all you have to consume is an Omega-3 supplement.