Pumpkin Nut Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe is a very easy recipe, and great for the holidays. That would include Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years and all through the fall and winter months.
As you are probably aware, orange vegetables have special beta Carotene, which is a carotenoid compound. They are responsible for giving pumpkins their orange pigment. A powerful antioxidant, beta carotene has been found to help protect against cancer and even aging.
INGREDIENTS for Pumpkin Nut Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe
1/2 pure cane sugar
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
4 cans (7.5 oz each) of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (usually sold in a 4-pack)
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese
1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
DIRECTIONS for Pumpkin Nut Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In large food-storage plastic bag, mix pure cane sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Separate each can of dough into 10 biscuits, then cut each biscuit into quarters
4. Add the biscuit pieces to bag and shaking as you go.
5. When all the pieces are coated, arrange half in the pan.
NOTE:If you run out of mixture, remove dough pieces from bag and add 1 to 2 more tablespoons pure cane sugar to the bag.
6. In 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and cream cheese over medium heat, stirring occasionally—only until the butter is melted.
7. Beat mixture with whisk until mostly smooth (there may be some tiny pieces of cream cheese, but that is okay).
8. Add the nuts in the pumpkin mixture-stir carefully.
9. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the first half of the biscuit pieces already placed in the fluted tube cake pan.
NOTE: Place pan on cookie sheet to catch any spills.
10. Arrange the rest of the biscuit pieces in the fluted tube cake pan.
11. Pour the rest of the pumpkin mix over the top.
12. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Cool in pan 2 minutes.
14. Place heatproof plate upside down over pan and turn plate and pan over. Your monkey bread should pop right out.
15. Remove pan.
16. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If there are any leftovers, store covered in your refrigerator.
This recipe requires plain canned pumpkin puree—not pumpkin pie mix. which is a complete pie filling that includes spices. The pumpkin pie mix will not yield the same yummy results.
Even though you and your family will be tempted to tear into this delicious monkey bread recipe, the cooling time is important, because the pumpkin mixture gets extremely hot in the oven and you will not want to burn your mouth.
This is a very easy recipe and you can substitute canned apple pie slices (cut into smaller pieces), with raisins or even canned peaches (cut into smaller pieces)—for a different taste.
~The Baby Boomer Queen~
We hope that you enjoyed “Pumpkin Nut Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe.” There are many more great Recipes in BBAC’s Recipes Section.
We are what we eat. But even if you always use the freshest and best ingredients, are you sure that the cookware you’re using to prepare your meals is safe? Do you have safe and healthy cookwear
good for any season and any recipe?
Photo: From Sarah W. Caron/pillsbury.com