Green Apple and Aged Cheddar Grilled Cheese Recipe
(pic) This great pic came from Chow.com
These two, Green Apple and Aged Cheddar Grilled Cheese, really compliment each other. Plus, during fall when apples are plentiful, why not try a hot sandwich recipe? A nice warm sandwich, warms your stomach. Can you think of anything better?
Apples and cheese are an all time snack-time classic, so let us throw the together between two slices of heart healthy bread and get grilling.
Vermont has both aged cheddar and green apples for a tart, satisfying snack. So, look for an aged, extra-sharp cheddar cheese such as Cabot from Vermont. In as little as 15 minutes you will have the best grilled cheese recipe ever, on a cool fall afternoon.
INGREDIENTS for Green Apple and Aged Cheddar Grilled Cheese Recipe
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
2 Thinly sliced slices of walnut bread or what ever hearth healthy bread you have available. But the Walnut bread is an excellent choice. So is flax bread.
1 ounce Vermont extra-sharp aged cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 thin slices crisp, tart apple, such as Granny Smith-enough to cover your bread and cheese.
INSTRUCTIONS for Green Apple and Aged Cheddar Grilled Cheese Recipe
1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread (you can use a butter pan spray).
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat.
3. Once the pan is warm, add one slice of bread, buttered side down, then top with half of the cheese, all of the apple slices, and finally the remaining cheese.
4. Close the sandwich with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
5. Grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, around 3 minutes per side.
6. Serve with a smile.
You can of course use the apple and cheese that is your favorite. But, this is an excellent mix. Enjoy.
~The Baby Boomer Queen~
We are what we eat. But even if you always use the freshest and best ingredients, are you sure that the cookware you’re using to prepare your meals is safe? Do you have safe and healthy cookware?